LEARN HOW MUCH YOU’LL NEED TO LIVE & STUDY IN PERTH
Living in Perth can be quite reasonable. Shop at discount supermarkets like ALDI, cook your own meals or choose from a range of affordable cafes and pubs. Here, we give you a brief overview of how much you can expect to spend living in Perth, and what you can expect to spend your money on.
How much will I need
As a general guide, you’ll need about AUD$21,000-30,000 to cover living expenses for one year. This equates to roughly $625per week or $2500 per month. This will cover accommodation, food, transport, entertainment and mobile phone expenses.
You should also consider the following expenses:
- Groceries and eating out $80 to $200 per week
- Mobile phone $30 - $80 per month
- Gas, electricity $60 to $100 per week
- Phone and Internet $20 to $50 per week
- Public transport $10 to $50 per week
- Entertainment $50 to $100 per week