TEST OF ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE (TOEFL)
The TOEFL iBT® test, administered via the internet, is offered more than 50 times a year at ETS-authorized test centers throughout the world.
An enhanced testing experience
Get the best testing experience possible with these enhancements to the TOEFL iBT test:
- Quicker Registration and Scheduling. A simpler registration and scheduling process, with local payment options available to select countries.
- Shorter Test. The total testing time is now less than 2 hours.
- Instant Scores. View your unofficial Reading and Listening scores at the end of your test.
- Clear Score Reporting Dates. The date you can expect to receive your official scores will be displayed at the end of your test.
- Faster Official Scores. Get your full, official scores as soon as 4–8 days after your test.
- MyBest® Scores. Show your best overall test performance with MyBest scores, which are the combination of your best section scores from the past 2 years.
- In-depth Score Reporting. Receive more than just scores. Get personalized performance feedback and deeper insights into your results
- Duration: less than 2 hours
- Reading: 35 minutes, 20 questions
- Listening: 36 minutes, 28 questions
- Speaking: 16 minutes, 4 tasks
- Writing: 29 minutes, 2 tasks
Test Day Information:
- Report to the centre at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled start time.
- You must bring an acceptable, valid identification (ID) document that includes your name, photograph, and signature.
- The name on your ID must exactly match the name you used to when you registered for the test. If you do not present an acceptable form of ID, you may not be admitted and your test fee will not be refunded.
Testing Outside your country of Citizenship:
You must present a current, valid passport with your name, photograph and signature as your primary ID, unless there is a specific requirement or exception for your location. See www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/register/id for details.
Diplomatic or embassy IDs cannot be used as primary identification in place of passports.
If your passport is not written in English-language letters, you must also present a supplemental ID that contains your name, a recent, recognizable photo and is written in English. If your passport is not written in English and the test center supervisor cannot read it, you may not be permitted to test.
Testing Within your country of Citizenship:
- Driver’s license
- State or Province ID card, including those issued by motor vehicle agencies
- National ID Card
- Military ID Card
If your primary ID does not include your signature, you can present a supplemental ID with your photograph and signature, or a supplemental government-issued ID with your photograph, as long as they are in the same name you used when you registered.
- your scores posted to your ETS account, both online and via the mobile app. If you need a paper copy of your scores, select that option when you register or at any time until 10 pm, local test center time, on the day before you take the test.
- your MyBest® scores along with the scores from your selected test date. This feature combines your best scores for each section from all your valid TOEFL iBT scores from the last 2 years, allowing you to show your best performance in each skill area.
- access to a PDF of your test taker score report that you can download and print.
- up to 4 official score reports that ETS will send to the institutions or agencies you designated before you took the test. You can add, delete, or change score recipients until 10 pm, local test center time, on the day before your test. After 10 pm, you will be charged a fee for each score report sent. Recipients can’t be added, changed, or deleted after the 10 pm deadline. Keep in mind that if you designate any institution or agency to receive your scores, you will not be able to request a score review of your Writing and/or Speaking sections.
The test center supervisor is authorised to dismiss you from the test center, and your scores may be held and ultimately canceled, for any action that violates any of the policies and procedures in this Bulletin, on the TOEFL website, or communicated to you at the test center on the day of your test.
For more information: Bulletin
You can register online at: www.ets.org